With over 15 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and more than tripled revenue over the last year. We are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 95 full time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced product designer to help us take our product and brand to the next level. At Life360, our #1 value is “User Experience Comes First” which means that we aim to create delightful, considered, and elegant design solutions across the entire product experience. Designers are an extremely valuable part of the team. Our ideal candidate is action-oriented and able to drive an end-to-end process for design work—from mapping out the user story to developing flows and functional design. You care about craft and are obsessive about details. You are driven by a desire to understand users’ needs and exceed their expectations. In this role, you will collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, copywriters, and fellow designers. You should be comfortable communicating conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually in a way that is effective and captivating. This is the ideal position for a seasoned designer who wants to make a big impact at a growth-stage company. This role reports to the VP of Design at Life360.
What we’d like to see
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates end-to-end design work
- Cross-platform design experience (iOS, android, web)
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Experience leading design projects and being a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be organized, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude is a must—we welcome healthy discussion and debate, and ultimately put ideas ahead of egos
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
Back to top