Lead Data Analyst - Remote
- San Francisco, CA
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in over 140 countries — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
Life360 is looking for a savvy Lead Data Analyst to join our growing Data and Analytics and Data Science (DAS) team. As a senior member of the team, you will partner with business leaders to distill a thoughtful analytic strategy and roadmap to fuel business insights, understand performance drivers, find new growth opportunities, and create incremental value for the organization. The candidate will leverage their analytic and technical talents and our unique dataset of geolocation, mobile application, and transaction data to help answer key business driver and product efficacy questions and deliver analytic programs and strategic insights projects.
The ideal candidate has a passion for fueling the business with meaningful data driven insights and distilling results into a compelling narrative. Utilizing a blend of product strategy, technical data skills, and analytics techniques, the candidate should be able to answer a range of business questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner. The candidate must bring a blend of consulting, collaboration, technical aptitude, leadership, programming skills, as well as business skills to be effective in this role.
- Build a holistic understanding of our product, customers, data, product and business goals to create and deliver an analytics and data roadmap.
- Analyze and deliver insights and recommendations utilizing complex, large volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Understand business drivers and performance trends as well as answer product and business questions to drive product actions.
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable Business Intelligence capabilities and experiences.
- Proactively foster and drive a data driven analytics culture.
- Look for new opportunities to leverage data assets in innovative ways
- Be an analytics thought leader and evangelist to create and drive the Life360 Data and Analytics brand both internally and externally.
- 7+ years of data analytics experience (Consumer internet, mobile app, or digital product experience preferred)
- 3+ Years in data and analytics consultative capacity as an engagement and delivery lead role.
- Demonstrated experience in program and project delivery evolving translation of strategic business and product questions into a successful data and analytics roadmap.
- Strong hands on technical Big Data SQL, Python / R or equivalent data wrangling and reporting experience with multi-billion daily row volume data sets.
- Proven experience in delivering enterprise Data and Business Intelligence projects (Quicksight, Tableau, Qlick, Looker, or equivalent)
- Ability to articulate vision, requirements & benefits, providing solid recommendations and rationale to business partners
- Keen grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Proven hands on expertise in leveraging big data and cloud database technologies (AWS, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake, Hive, Teradata)
- Team development and leadership experience preferred
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
We are looking for candidates with a diverse background that will compliment the skills and backgrounds of the current team. If you don’t fit all the criteria below please apply anyway as this list is more of a preference rather than a rule. Our priority is for a well rounded team that delivers results.
Back to top