Head of Data
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 25 million monthly active users in over 140 countries — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About the Job
This is an executive level role with broad responsibility for all data related strategy, operations, team building and business enablement across Life360. The ideal candidate will advance the team’s capability and bring vision to life, support roadmap development and prioritization. The candidate will operationalize data application via strategic KPI framework, user data portfolio optimization, planning, strategic analysis and measurement of all Life360 data assets. They will drive ROI for business data needs and execute on a cloud based enterprise data platform.
A Life360 core value is User Experience Comes First, and data is an invaluable asset to understanding family activities and delivering a high quality user experience. Key projects will include building data applications ranging from financial reporting (we recently IPO’d) to business intelligence to improving crash detection features that help save lives.
This is a high visibility, exciting and impactful role for a visionary leader with strong technology, communication and execution skills to uplevel the future of data at Life360 and build brand and trust with our Life360 Families.
Reporting to the CTO, the scope includes:
- Data Operations
- Data Engineering (data pipelines, tooling, infra)
- Data Analytics (actionable insights, trend & competitive analysis, modeling, product performance, business reporting)
- Data Science (ML driven insights, forward looking capabilities, enablement of new customer experiences, solving high value engineering problems)
- Operation of data partner platforms
- Data Governance and Management
- Compliance management (policies, procedures and classification)
- Risk management (assess, manage and report)
- Data Security Management
- Security Operations (technical controls, prevention and protection services)
- Security Analysis (threat analysis, security architecture and review)
- Product management and product marketing
- Finance and Legal
- Executive team
- Team building - managing, building and attracting a world class team of data professionals in San Francisco and San Diego. Should have directly managed teams of 15+ individual contributors and mid level managers
- At least 10+ years of experience in data related roles at leading companies at/beyond Life360s current scale
- At least 20+ years of industry experience with progressive leadership experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with ability to build consensus and drive cross-functional teams forward to execution against project goals and timelines
- Solid technical understanding of data tools and methodologies with hands on experience of when to use what and adapting to Life360’s unique needs and scale
- Great ability to deliver actionable analytics and insights to propel the business
- Experience with location data highly desirable.
- Experience dealing with emerging data regulations (PCI, PCII, GDPR, COPPA, CCPA).
- Experience working closely with IT, DevOps and engineering leaders in a highly coordinated manner
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.
Back to top