Director of Product Design
Director of Product Design
Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping to protect and connect the people they care about most. Our service provides millions of families in over 140 countries with features such as location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, car crash detection, and help alerts through our free and paid membership offerings.
We are growing rapidly, and have been a Top 50 app for over 3 years in a row, making us the largest mobile service for families in the world. Our customer base exceeds 25 million active users, who on average use the service over 10 times a day. We monetize primarily through subscription services, and are approaching $100m in annualized revenue. Our team is also on the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data) and maintains an infrastructure that handles billions of location points a day and collects over 20 billion miles a month of driving data (more than Uber or Lyft).
Life360 has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange, which gives our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business. The team consists of 150+ employees, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Las Vegas.
Life360 is a high-growth, freemium consumer mobile company that has raised >$200 million in equity capital since inception. Our customer base, which currently exceeds 25 million monthly active users (MAU), has enabled us to become one of the world's largest sources of consumer driving data with more than 23 billion miles collected per month as of Sept 2019. The company is at the forefront of a broad range of technologies (mobile, location services, hardware sensors, machine learning, big data, etc) in pioneering its family-centric platform. Life360 has over 150 employees and counting across offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas. We successfully completed our IPO in May 2019 raising over $100M.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for an experienced product design leader to join the Life360 team. As our Director of Product Design you will lead a team of product designers to create experiences that meet users’ needs, exceed their expectations, and elevate the Life360 brand. You will help direct the product roadmap, set compelling strategies and vision for the team, and own the product design process from end-to-end. You will play a significant role in building out Life360’s design team culture as we continue to grow. This position reports to the VP of Design.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of 6+ product designers
- Give direction and feedback to designers to help them produce their best work
- Partner with product managers and engineers to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Grow the design team by attracting and retaining top talent
- Be a champion for creating and sustaining healthy design culture across the company
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the design details as needed
- 10+ years of experience in product design, working on consumer products
- 6+ years of experience managing design teams, with direct reports under your guidance and leadership
- A user-centered approach to designing product experiences
- Fluency in UX best practices for mobile applications
- Experience working with cross-functional product teams (design, research, product, engineering, data science) in an agile environment
- Experience working with product managers and technical leads to execute on design deliverables
- A strong portfolio of design work demonstrating end-to-end product design at varying points of the product life-cycle
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- A passion for Life360’s mission — to bring families closer together
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- Dog friendly office
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done
Back to top