Life360 is a platform for today’s busy families, bringing them closer together by helping them better sync, communicate with and protect the people they care about most.
Our mobile app provides millions of families in over 140 countries with services such as private location sharing, location history, drive details, crash detection, roadside assistance and help alerts through our free and paid membership subscription.
Founded in 2008, Life360 is based in San Francisco with offices in San Diego, Las Vegas and Ft. Lauderdale.
Life360 has raised +$100M from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners, DCM, Fontinalis Partners, BMW iVentures, Allstate, Bullpen Capital, Founders Fund (FF Angel), Launch Capital, Kapor Capital, and 500 startups.
For more information, visit us at life360.com
About the job
We are looking for a copywriter with sharp writing skills and the ability to communicate a compelling Life360 brand narrative across our entire, multi-touchpoint user experience—from overarching brand messaging to advertising, digital platforms, and core product. Our ideal candidate sees language as an integral part of great design. You love collaborating closely with designers, product owners, and marketers to produce work that all hangs together. You know how to turn strategy into storytelling and blend it throughout functional product copy. You care about the big picture as well as the smallest details. You should be comfortable with a variety of writing, including developing voice and tone guidelines, composing short- and long-form copy, brainstorming campaign concepts, crafting taglines, composing brand manifestos, and fine-tuning in-app messaging. We're looking for a master of words who can help us develop and maintain an ownable and consistent voice for the Life360 brand that will resonate with families on an emotional level. This role reports to the VP of Design at Life360.
What we’d like to see
- 5+ years copywriting with deep experience across a variety of platforms.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates writing in the following areas: UX and product design, branding, marketing, and content development.
- A deep understanding of the relationship between textual and visual elements. We need someone who can be incredibly collaborative with our designers.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be organized, and meet deadlines.
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills, attention to detail, and impeccable grammar.
- Experience simplifying complex UX interactions through language to deliver simple and friendly digital experiences.
- Ability to brainstorm, develop, and execute campaign concepts.
- A positive attitude is a must. We welcome healthy discussion and debate, and ultimately put ideas ahead of egos.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
Back to top