Workers' Compensation Associate Claims Specialist - 100358
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
As an Associate Claims Specialist you will develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations, make decisions about liability / compensability, evaluate losses, negotiate settlements and manage an inventory of commercial property/casualty and disability claims by participating in a comprehensive training program, one-on-one mentoring, and on-the-job training. Assists in providing service to policyholders/customers on mid-sized and/or large commercial accounts.
- Investigates new claims by reviewing first reports of loss and supporting materials, determines the best first point of contact (claimants, customers, witnesses, etc.) to gather information regarding injuries or loss; refers tasks to auxiliary units as necessary and posts file accordingly.
- Establishes action plans based on case facts, best practices, protocols, jurisdictional issues and available resources.
- Manages an inventory of property/casualty and disability claims (e.g. workers' compensation, general liability, commercial automobile, property, group benefits), evaluates compensability/liability and losses, and negotiates settlements within prescribed limits.
- Establishes accurate loss cost estimates using available resources, special service instructions, and market protocols.
- Confirms or denies coverage based on facts obtained during the investigation and advises policyholders as to proper course of action.
- Makes effective use of loss management techniques (e.g. Immediate Contact Plan, L9 check, Disability Management, open end release, first call settlements) and other resources.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required.
Please note that this position is posted to further develop our talent pipeline.
- Effective interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner with an appropriate level of detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Demonstrated success in a professional environment; success in a customer service/retail environment preferred.
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions; as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology helpful, but not mandatory.
- Licensing may be required in some states.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top