Vice President, Head of Public Relations
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
The Manager of Public and Media Relations will be responsible for developing and executing integrated external public and media relations programs with the goal of creating a favorable impression of the company while maintaining and protecting the company's brand image and reputation in the marketplace.This leader will be accountable for driving the work shaped from our internal team and managing the partnerships with external agencies with a strong focus on forward thinking when it comes to building our enterprise brand.
- Plan and manage external relations and communications programs that further the company's brand objectives by providing timely, effective Public Relations and Crisis Communications for all SBUs and Corporate to various audiences, including: customers, business partners, the media, opinion leaders, regulators, legislators, the insurance industry and employees.]
- Plan and manage Public Relations programs to promote brand related activities including Enterprise brand, Talent brand and Sponsorships for all SBUs and Corporate to help achieve business and corporate objectives.
- Develop and manage enterprise-wide crisis and reputational management procedures, issues anticipation program and company responses to inform all SBU and Corporate employees about emerging topics and their responsibilities for communicating about them to external audiences.
- Further the company's global business objectives by planning and managing Public Relations programs to support Mergers & Acquisitions, respond to crisis and reputational issues, and provide best practices and communications tools to International leadership and local Marketing Communications teams.
- Partner with Enterprise Brand Strategy, Internal Communications and SBU Marketing Communications to align communications strategies and programs with key audiences across all channels to deliver consistent messages and achieve targeted SBU and Corporate measures of success.
- Promote Corporate initiatives such as Philanthropic Giving and Corporate initiatives to key audiences in all markets.
- Provide Public Relations thought leadership and counsel to Senior Management on Public Relations trends and issues affecting their operations and key constituents.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. M.B.A. or Master's degree in Communications and/or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) credential strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience in communications/media planning and program management to include experience within a large and diverse global organization.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Ability to develop communications solutions that contribute to improving business performance, and translate information into relevant audience-specific messages.
- Strong experience building partnerships with senior leaders and serving as a communications advisor.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating and facilitating in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong collaboration skills and client service orientation with ability to build and maintain strong relationships at multiple levels across the organization.
- Displays professional, confident, and positive demeanor, with ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills, interpersonal skills, and project management skills.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Marketing & Communications
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Master's Degree (±18 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top