Underwriting Training Program - Global Risk Solutions - Southern CA (June 2019)
Begin your career at the leading-edge of insurance.
If you're a natural problem solver with a relentlessly curious mind, you'll be in your element as an Underwriting Trainee at Liberty Mutual.
Our underwriters focus on two fundamental questions:Should we write a policy for a particular customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? Join our team, and you'll be challenged to go deeper to uncover the answers.
E very day, you'll draw upon your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills to get inside the world of our customers, to understand their needs, and to seek out ways to profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
In our fast-paced, collaborative environment, you'll see how your classroom learning connects to real world problem-solving and develop specialized business skills that sharpen your resume-and help advance your career.
As an Underwriting Trainee, you'll:
- Successfully complete the Underwriter Training Program and prescribed courses, including: On the Job Training, Classroom Instruction, Self-Study, Case Studies, Rating and Underwriting Activities
- Develop the judgment needed to ensure a profitable commercial book of business, with underwriters or team leaders guiding your way
- Price business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines and ensure that standards for timeliness are met
- Market Liberty Mutual products to help drive our company's growth and profitability
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers. Monitor the profitability and quality of submissions, and keep up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes
- Work with an Underwriting Manager, Underwriting staff, and in-house and outside educational providers to enhance your knowledge and review and familiarize yourself with: policy coverages, agency relationships, underwriting and team guidelines, processes, and procedures, company business strategy and organization
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (additional requirements may apply)
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand a wide variety of business operations and model loss potential
- A passion for customer service
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate successfully
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Take the first step:
Start the application process by completing our required assessment. Simply review your candidate profile, click submit, then you will receive a link to the assessment. After clicking the link, you'll also receive a direct link by e-mail (this will allow you to take the assessment later if you choose). The assessment will take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
Primary Location: United States-California-Orange
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Back to top