Underwriting Specialist, Hospital Professional Liability, Ironshore
Advance Your Underwriting Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company
Our Underwriting Specialist is responsible for the Hospital Professional Liability product under IronHealth a division of Ironshore. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
This position can be based out of our:
Chicago, Downtown Los Angeles or San Francisco office.
**Depending on experience this position may be available in other Liberty Mutual, Ironshore office locations.
- Develops proactive, professional relationships with IronHealth's distribution partners in order to support their hospital clients and achieve IronHealth's profitability and growth objectives.
- Responsible for risk evaluation including initial and in-depth underwriting analysis of assigned new and renewal Hospital Professional Liability submissions.
- Recommend coverage terms and conditions as well as pricing parameters.
- Participates in account roundtable discussions to set final coverage and pricing strategies.
- Analyze loss experience and interact with the claims team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred, continuing insurance education desired
- Success driven individual who has demonstrated 3-10 years of success in a commercial underwriting role
- Ability to analyze variables, such as type & amount of coverage, loss control, credit reports, and loss experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts & underwriting guidelines
- Ability to interact successfully with customers to build & maintain good business relationships.
- Negotiation and pricing skills
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Back to top