Underwriting Specialist, Excess Energy, Ironshore
Under limited direction, contributes to the growth and profitability of assigned Energy specialty product line through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of complex Energy risks. Risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Requires specialized knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place. Demonstrates strong strategic and marketing capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships to facilitate marketing of Liberty Mutual / Ironshore products and services to the brokerage community. Makes independent sales calls to market and cross market.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions including manuscript wording.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide top level customer service.
- Assists other members of the department including Underwriters, Associate Underwriters in product line and/or technical knowledge and development.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
Bachelor's degree or advanced degree or equivalent; 5+ years of experience handling Energy accounts . Requires advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures as well as knowledge of the Upstream, Midstream and Down Stream energy space. At least 2 years of experience underwriting highly technical risks. The ability to effectively interact with brokers and internal departments. Strong verbal and written communications skills. Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision making skills are also required. Demonstrated strategic and marketing capabilities.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Back to top