Underwriting Internship - Global Risk Solutions - Plano, TX
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance's internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to the Commercial Insurance Underwriting department. You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
This is your chance to check out Liberty Mutual Insurance as a potential employer. We will provide you with the tools and resources to be successful. Your internship supervisor, professional mentor and the campus recruiting team are always available to make sure you are benefiting from your experience. An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. You'll participate in educational and social programs that will help your development.
You are required to complete an assessment as part of the application process for this position. Depending on the job, the assessment may take between 30 and 60 minutes and it must be completed to be considered for the position.
- Develop judgment to accept, reject or modify new and renewal business for all commercial lines, with guidance and direction as needed from experienced underwriters or team leader, to ensure a profitable commercial book of business
- Price business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines and ensures standards for timeliness are met
- Develop on-going relationships with internal and external customers and monitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Review and becomes familiar with: Policy coverages, Agency relationships, Underwriting and team guidelines, processes, and procedures, Company business strategy and organization
- Analytical and decision making skills, basic to intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability
- Effective interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate successfully
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top