Underwriting Development Program - Global Risk Solutions - Atlanta/Lawrenceville, GA (June 2019)
NI Underwriting Rotational Program
The National Insurance Underwriting Development Program (UWDP) is a two-year program designed to provide cross-functional development opportunities to program participants and cultivate successful NI Underwriters and future leaders. Participants in the UWDP will receive a unique development experience as they rotate through three functional areas within Liberty Mutual.
The program builds on the current Underwriting Trainee Program and includes:
- Three rotations designed to provide new underwriters with exposure to different underwriting groups as well as organizations that provide service and support to our clients downstream
- An assigned mentor/learning liaison to guide new underwriters through the program
- Formal training with sessions focused on analysis, underwriting principles, products and Liberty Mutual systems
- Classroom training sessions at our Weston, Massachusetts facility
- Meaningful assignments working as part of an underwriting team that lets underwriters put the skills they've learned to work
Strong analytical skills, proven leadership and effective communication skills will be the foundation of success for participants of this program.
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements may apply
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Capability to understand a wide variety of business operations and model loss potential
- Ability to calculate complex pricing recommendations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability
- Effective interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate successfully.
- Willingness to complete professional designation(s) and continued insurance education.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Back to top