Trial Attorney, Mineola NY
Advance your Legal career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an exciting opportunity available for a highly qualified attorney who is either a specialist or highly experienced generalist handling complex legal assignments. As a Home Office Counsel, you will provide legal advice and carry out actions which have an impact upon the rights, privileges and responsibilities of the Company while maintaining high standards of legal and business ethics and professional responsibility.
- Provide high quality oral and written legal advice in a cost-effective manner to internal clients.
- Recommend practical courses of action to achieve client goals within the scope of what is legally permissible.
- Perform comprehensive research and analysis of reported cases, statutes, regulations and other legal materials regarding issues often characterized by an absence of clear legal precedent and renders clear and unambiguous legal opinions and advice as necessary.
- Represent clients in complex legal and business transactions, generally with minimal supervision, where the facts, the law or the precedents involved can be interpreted differently or are in dispute.
- Representative duties include: Drafting and reviewing legal documents (e.g. contracts, insurance policies, leases) involving substantial legal issues; Investigation, research, drafting, negotiation and appearances on behalf of the Company in litigation, and managing outside counsel in connection with litigation; Representing the Company before regulatory and administrative bodies; Providing advice regarding the implications of new laws substantially impacting the Company's business; and Anticipating legal issues and encouraging practices to prevent problems from arising.
- May assign, direct and review the work of law clerks and paralegals
- May prepare and conduct training sessions for internal clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal issues and developments in the law.
- Other duties may vary according to practice group.
- Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required.
- Generally requires at least five years' experience as a practicing attorney. Experience with jury trials preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis of legal issues.
- Within certain practice groups, may require in-depth knowledge of a specialized area of law.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please click here .
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Mineola
Education Level: Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Back to top