Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (RN), Workers' Compensation
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
If you're a registered nurse looking for a new opportunity to work in a fast-paced, professional environment where your clinical talent contributes to our competitive edge, Liberty Mutual Insurance has the opportunity for you. This position requires interaction with physicians, other medical providers, injured employees and employers. By providing nurse case management services for Workers' Compensation claims, you will strategize with claim professionals to assess and manage medical and disability exposure and return to work opportunities.
- Manage assigned caseload of claims (including Workers' Compensation claims).
- Communicate with injured employees, medical professionals, claims staff and others to obtain information necessary to make sound medical assessments regarding diagnosis and prognosis.
- Assess injury severity, extent of disability, treatment plans, functional abilities and physical job requirements to establish target return to work plans and/or strategy to manage future medical exposure.
- Respond to various written and telephone inquiries regarding status of case and post case facts in Liberty Mutual Insurance claims system.
This is full-time, office based position located in our Plano, TX area facility. Candidates outside of regular commuting distance to Plano and/or those seeking 100% work from home will not be considered.
CCMC, CMAC, CRRN, CDMS or COHN preferred
- 5+ Years clinical nurse experience with a preference for previous orthopedic, emergency room, critical care, home care or rehab care experience.
- Degree from an accredited nursing school required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current unrestricted registered nurse (R.N.) license in the state where the position is based and other assigned states as required by law.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with claimants, medical professionals, employers, claims staff and others.
- Good negotiation skills to establish target return to work dates and manage medical and disability treatment plans
- Proficient in basic computer skills, especially Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Comfortable in a professional business environment
- Good negotiation skills to effectively establish target return to work dates.
- Bilingual is a plus.
If no certification is held or no case management experience exists, applicant must attain CCMC certification within 24 months of employment. Certification for one exam sitting will be paid for by the organization.
Please click the link below and review the eligibility requirements required by the Commission for Case Management Certification. In order to complete your application with Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will be asked to answer questions regarding your eligibility based on the CCMC criteria.
CCMC Certification and Renewal Eligibility Information< http://ccmcertification.org/node/428 >
Please note, Liberty Mutual Insurance does not take a position regarding the questions or requirements asked by the Commission for Case Management Certification. Please do not send us any questions or answers regarding the information posed on the Commission for Case Manager Certification web-site. Any certification qualifications or other eligibility related questions should be directed to the Commission for Case Management Certification.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Nursing & Medical
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Back to top