Technologist - Technical Lead
Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Information Technology is actively searching for an experienced Technologist who is able to develop clear, comprehensive system, technical and product architectures that support current and future directions of our large and complex IT environment. You will be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on a long-range plan and vision. You will also act as a migration-planning consultant to IT management and an architecture guide to business management.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to 'helping people live safer, more secure lives' every day.
About the job:
The candidate will be part of a talented agile team working to build the next generation of Underwriting solutions within the Global Specialty business unit. This is a broad role leading multiple agile teams providing thought leadership and technical guidance, while driving overall delivery and execution of solutions. We are seeking a seasoned technical lead with solid expertise implementing large scale, global commercial applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with a team of globally distributed staff and consultants to deliver complex software solutions.
- Drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation.
- The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers in the technical stack.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Lead multiple teams, along with onshore and offshore development team members with regards to sprint planning, release planning, and work prioritization across the Underwriting Solutions team.
- Partner with application architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation and ensure timely completion of work.
- Mentor and coach team members
- Promote Secure Coding, Standards and Best Practices.
- 10+ years of hands-on software design and development experience in commercial environments, at least 3 of which should be in a technical leadership role.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience developing Web Applications and Services using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring, and other related technologies, preferably in an Agile environment, and/or
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers)
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development with understanding of tools such as Junit, Mockito, PowerMock and New Relic.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership and accountability.
- Experience with modern engineering practices, cloud computing (AWS) and development using micro services architecture is a strong plus.
- Experience with code analysis tools such as Sonar and JaCoCo is a strong plus.
- Experience with SAP PQM insurance platform is a strong plus, and/or developing IT solutions for the insurance industry.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Wiki, Crucible) is a plus.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Portsmouth
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top