Technologist Software Development
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the Job:
- Provides engineering leadership and oversight on design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Responsible for the most complex, multi-site, multi domain activities and integration.
- Reviews and provides input to architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility.
- Analyzes highly complex system and technical issues to implement features and enhancements in an iterative way that align with strategic technical direction.
- Plans and leads execution of architecture migrations.
- Provides leadership in reviewing the velocity of the team, presenting continuous improvement opportunities for improved product/team performance.
- Acts as the lead solution engineer or technical lead responsible for the implementation of approved technologies that align with technical architecture, customer
s business plans and long term strategy. </li><li> Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on systems architecture, project requirements and customer expectations. </li><li> Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions. </li><li> Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness. </li><li> Contributes to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness. </li><li> Mentors staff to develop infrastructure development capabilities including Scripting, Coding and DevOps </li></ul> <br><b> Qualifications: </b><br><br><ul> <li> Bachelors or Master
s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Masters degree preferred.
- Generally a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Experience with DevOps, Automation and Operations.
- Coding experience with Puthon, Ruby, Node.js and Java
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Portsmouth
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top