Technologist, Software Development
Technologist, Software Development
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The candidate will be part of a talented agile team working to build the next generation of Underwriting solutions within the North American Specialty business unit of Global Risk Solutions. This is a broad role providing technical guidance and thought leadership while driving overall technical delivery and execution of solutions. We are seeking a seasoned technical lead with solid expertise implementing large scale, global commercial applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with a team of globally distributed staff and consultants to deliver complex software solutions.
- Drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members, and other team members to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design and architect solutions for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Partner with application/data architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
- Collaborate with the SaaS vendor to brainstorm and propose feasible solutions to business requirements and ensure best practices are being adhered to. A significant component of this role is to integrate the SaaS vendor application with various in-house Liberty Mutual systems.
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- 10+ years of hands-on software design and development experience in commercial environments, at least 3 of which should be in a technical leadership role.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience developing Web Applications and Services using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring, and other related technologies, preferably in an Agile environment, and/or
- Demonstrated experience of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership and accountability.
- Experience with modern engineering practices, cloud computing (AWS) and development using micro services architecture is a strong plus.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Wiki, Crucible) is a plus.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top