At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
LMI Technology is actively searching for a Technologist within Private Investments Technology who will be r esponsible for the implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support the customer
s business plans and long term strategy. The role works closely with the LMI GPI and FAS teams supporting a growing portfolio of private equity, real estate, and natural resource investments. <br><br><b> Job Summary: </b><br><br>Reviews and provides input to architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility. Analyzes highly complex system and technical issues to implement features and enhancements in an iterative way that align with strategic technical direction. Plans and leads execution of architecture migrations. Leads product delivery releases of strategic impact. Provides leadership in reviewing the velocity of the team, presenting continuous improvement opportunities for improved product/team performance. <br><ul><li> Acts as the lead solution engineer or technical lead responsible for the implementation of approved technologies that align with technical architecture, customers business plans and long term strategy
s or Masters degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred
- Generally a minimum of 10 years related experience
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Experience with front and back office management (research, portfolio construction, valuation) of private investments (private equity, real estate, natural resources)
- Experience with structure and unstructured investment and financial data sets
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Investments / Financial data
- Deep experience with the Microsoft SQL Server technology stack (SSAS, SSIS)
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms including NoSQL, unstructured data solutions, ideal
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, modern Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting solutions (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Understanding of data modeling techniques; ability to lead and contribute to incremental and iterative modern data architecture
- Perform data research / profiling and applies results to solution design.
- Experience working in an Agile (scrum) development environment (Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design), familiarity with DevOps concepts
- Ability to adhere to guidelines and standards while innovating and contributing to evolution of those standards.
- Ability to balance support of legacy solutions with delivery of new business capabilities
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Back to top