At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
LMI Technology is actively searching for a Technologist within Back Office Investments Technology who will be r esponsible for the implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support the customer`s business plans and long term strategy.
Designs clear, comprehensive system, technical and product architectures which support current and future states for Liberty Mutual Investments Back Office Technology; reviews major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures.
Partners with product owners, squads, and sr. architect to develop solutions and provides engineering recommendations for migrating department to cloud based architecture and new software platforms.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness for core and utility services.
- Through collaboration with Back Office Technology Team and Business Partners, investigates and forecasts business and IT trends to define the technical direction. Engineer utilizes this information to assist in providing architectural solutions.
- Participates in project planning, oversight and delivery where applicable.
- Guides the development of system, technical and product standards based on long range plan and vision.
- Analyzes highly complex system, technical and product issues to develop strategic plans using iterative Agile approach. Develops and documents technology roadmaps.
- Acts as migration planning consultant to IT management and architecture guide to business; initiates strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Guides and directs vendor engagements and activities to include consultants and/or contractor deliverables. Decisions impact profitability and operational effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master's degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Architecture framework, IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of OS, layered products, storage and network architectures and hosting solutions
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages, methodologies and tools; knowledge of emerging and cloud/hosting technologies including Docker, Azure, AWS, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with front and back office management (research, portfolio construction, valuation) of private investments (private equity, real estate, natural resources)
- Experience with structure and unstructured investment and financial data sets
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Investments / Financial data
- Deep experience with the Microsoft SQL Server technology stack (SSAS, SSIS)
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms including NoSQL, unstructured data solutions, ideal
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, modern Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting solutions (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Understanding of data modeling techniques; ability to lead and contribute to incremental and iterative modern data architecture
- Perform data research / profiling and applies results to solution design.
- Experience working in an Agile (scrum) development environment (Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design), familiarity with DevOps concepts
- Ability to adhere to guidelines and standards while innovating and contributing to evolution of those standards.
- Ability to balance support of legacy solutions with delivery of new business capabilities
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Back to top