Strategy Consultant, CX Omni-Channel
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The Customer Advocacy Office (CAO) fosters a culture of customer-centricity across Global Retail Markets U.S. (GRM US) by providing the tools, training, processes and support to empower each employee to consistently deliver peace of mind every day to our customers to drive profitable growth. We're looking for people who are passionate about transforming the country's fifth largest personal lines insurer into a customer and employee experience leader.
As a Customer Experience Consultant in Customer Advocacy, you will join a high-performing group that is empowered to create a world-class customer experience. The team builds rich insights based on voice-of-customer research, and then designs an ideal future state experience using design thinking principles. The individual in this role will be expected to support one of our core strategic priorities: improving customer experience by meeting customer needs more quickly and proactively through a fundamental shift in channel approach. Our goal is to leverage strategies such as proactive communications and improved digital offerings to enable a customer to be less reliant on having to call us.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Experience Design for Omni-Channel, the individual in this role will be charged with coordinating and facilitating all SBU efforts related to this goal, and working closely with an analytics partner to quantify the impact of these efforts. He/she will support a cross-functional group of partners to create organizational buy-in in a highly visible environment. The right person for this role will have a blend of consumer intuition, creativity, program management experience, and execution orientation.
- Supports the CX Design Director in the organization, facilitation, and program management of SBU-wide efforts to improve customer experience through self-service and channel optimization. Tactics will include, but not be limited to:
- Improving digital adoption and utilization;
- Enhancements to solve customer need in IVR and SMS;
- Creating connected experiences across channels;
- Elimination of pain points that drive calls today;
- Understands and outlines current state of channel optimization efforts related to the above;
- Supports evaluation of end-to-end, cross-channel opportunities to service customers in easier, faster, and more proactive channels, resulting in customers having to make fewer calls;
- Leverages design thinking (e.g., persona development, rapid ideation sessions, etc.), voice of customer and employee research, and competitive research to identify most effective opportunities;
- Conducts or direct primary and secondary research to develop a deep understanding of current-state customer experiences and marketplace best practices;
- Synthesize current state research into easily digestible findings, outlining targeted areas for improvement. Create and present readout presentations to cross-functional partners and business leaders;
- Works closely with CAO Analytics to quantify and track impact of efforts that result in call deflection and higher customer NPS;
- Supports and informs IT prioritization and budgeting efforts to ensure pursuit of highest ROI results from targeting largest customer experience improvement opportunities; works with functional partners to prioritize recommendations during quarterly and annual business planning;
- Partners with experience designers and test kitchens across the organization to prototype new experiences and test with customers;
- Prepares periodic written and oral reports for Senior Managers regarding program status, current state findings, and recommended future-state design;
- Participate in and/or lead the implementation of special projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in a customer-centric environment;
- Design Thinking, Agile, and/or Lean experience preferred;
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills with the ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress;
- Natural curiosity to get into the details;
- Strong experimental mindset;
- Prior work experience developing customer insights and/or building customer-centric experiences;
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering impactful operational improvements;
- Collaborative disposition with a proven ability to influence a diverse group on stakeholders including senior leadership;
- Ability to translate customer needs into business solutions using creative problem solving;
- Effective communication skills for writing reports/proposals and creating/making presentations to varied audiences;
- Ability to perform complex work both independently and collaboratively as a project team member or leader.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits .
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top