Sr. Claims Adjuster/Associate Bordereau
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual , Ironshore!
Reporting to the Global Vice President Head of Claims Operations, the candidate will work as part of a claims team to process, manage, service and support specialty lines claims. Given the nature of this business, the candidate must be willing to work regular and consistent hours in office and be in a position to undertake other ad-hoc duties and special projects on an as needed basis.
IronServe is the services business unit of Ironshore Insurance and provides global operations and support services for the company globally. This role is responsible for activities associated with the Bordereau/Reinsurance claims handling for all products and various claims systems.
Candidate must be able to work from either our NYC or Simsbury, CT office: Full Time/ Five Days Week.
- Liaising and building excellent working relationships with all levels of employees across the practice areas
- Managing and training a team of offshore technicians
- Creating the workflow for seamless flow across all processes
- Monitor and maintain accounts that have high volume
- Verify the information and update claim file for:
- Policy dates
- Employment dates for the medical professionals
- Policy limits
- Understanding of important dates particularly when claim is in litigation
- Handling custom account payments
- Credentialing a medical professional on board at a hospital
- Assist in the document collection and review required for litigated claims
- Develop and organize computerized forms and letters for written reports and correspondence to claimants, internal contacts, and non-parties regarding the status of claims and pending litigation
- Form detailed reports to attach to claim files based on findings in loss runs
- Facilitate and implement several claims software systems within the department and update as needed for the processing and reporting
- Maintain data in numerous custom reports with the most current claim file information to provide back to actuaries, finance and Head of claims Operation, work with DMR Team in automation
- Preparing Financial monthly reports as part of Management Information System (MIS)
- Utilize Claims Department policies & procedures, workflows and manuals to meet Departmental production and quality metrics
- Actively participate and collaborate with entire department to continuously improve workflows and performance
- Identify other claims work streams that can be brought into this department for handling
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training
- Five years of relevant Insurance experience preferred
- Appropriate state adjuster licenses required
- Solid working experience with Microsoft Office packages especially Excel, Word, Access, Viso, PowerPoint
- Solid working knowledge of claims management techniques
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal , positive work ethic and leadership skills
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and personable demeanor
- Capable of performing work independently and efficiently
- Ability to analyze, define and solve problems; the use of good judgment and decision making
- Ability to focus in a busy office setting
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New York
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top