At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
LMI Technology is actively searching for a Software Developer within Data Platform Investments Technology who will be r esponsible for participating on a team to develop and enhance applications from general specifications.
Under general supervision, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains software applications.
Performs the following activities:
- Develops efficient, maintainable, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Collaborates on development of unit test cases
- Develops test scripts
- Contributes to researching technical alternatives
- Conducts impact analysis
- Develops component design
- Participates in the production of support documentation
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Works within project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product
- Participates in medium-level design activities by analyzing requirements and high level designs
- Provides functional/system integration testing support
- Performs Quality Assurance coding review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners
- Collaborates on troubleshooting production issues and performing root cause analysis
- Identify improvement opportunities such as performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Completes other project work or tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally 3+ years of professional experience
- Proficient in two or more programming languages and tools; knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies
- Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, IT architectures and technical standards; design and development tools, layered systems architectures, shared software concepts; architectures and technical standards
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes; Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker, have consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Possess/develop in-depth understanding of data environment and leverages knowledge to build robust, scalable solutions.
- Possess/develop subject matter expertise around Investments data and processes and applies to development of solutions.
- Experienced with SQL and ideally the Microsoft SQL Server stack (SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting solutions (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Perform data research / profiling and applies results to solution design.
- Understanding of data warehousing, modern Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts - Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design and delivery
- Ability to adhere to guidelines and standards while innovating and contributing to evolution of those standards.
- Ability to balance support of legacy solutions with delivery of new business capabilities
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top