We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual is actively searching for a Software Developer to support Corporate Finance Technology. In this position, you will be a core member of the IT Financial Delivery Team responsible for the development and support of Financial, Treasury and Exposure Management applications.
About the job:
- Analyzes technical system problems, and designs and implements effective solutions.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- May be asked to provide on-call support.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Consults on technical issues.
- Investigates components of new tools and techniques.
- Contributes to the development of project plans, and assigns and monitors tasks of lower level Software Developers as responsibilities and experience grows.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Proficient in programming languages and tools.
- Knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of design and development tools.
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
- Experience with the following:
- React, CSS and HTML
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, including AWS and Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of backend/RESTful services
- Informatica/ETL development a plus
- Relational databases
- Unit Testing Frameworks (i.e. Jest, Karma, Chai, Mocha)
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts - Bamboo and Jenkins
- Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Knowledge and use of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies, standards, and procedures with experience in promoting database changes from development through production environments.
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top