Sharepoint / SQL DBA
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) is looking to hire SQL Database Administrator with Systems administration / SharePoint experience. This candidate will receive general supervision and is competent to work in most phases of database management. Provides database management and support including: Database design; Performance tuning; Backup and recovery; Security; Disaster Recovery; Capacity management. Consults on moderately complex technical issues and contributes to architectural decisions. May act as team leader on moderately complex projects. Assists in training less experienced DBAs.
About the job:
- Designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls the organization's production and non-production databases.
- Collaborates on development of moderately complex technical and security standards with more experienced DBAs and technical resources.
- Provides on-call support for production environments.
- Provides 24/7 support for various activities including: Database maintenance; Application releases; Disaster recovery; Database upgrades and patching.
- Provides consultation to application developers in SQL Coding and tuning, coding and deployment of stored procedures.
- Performs related tasks as requested or assigned.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working with MSSQL server in a Windows Server environment required.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with Windows Server Administration / SharePoint Administration required.
- Experience in MSSQL Server 2008R2-2016 and Azure SQL DB administration.
- Self-starter with a strong understanding of SQL native backups, HA/DR, BCP
- Expert in SSRS/SSIS configuration, deployment and able to create DB maintenance packages.
- Windows Server 2012/2016 administration, PowerShell or other Scripting.
- Exposure to VMware architecture, Citrix and SharePoint Administration.
- Able to create SharePoint workflow and functional webpages.
- Ninja level indexing, query writing, and tuning skills and a keen eye for automation.
- The ability to communicate with non-technical teams and other business stakeholders.
- Adept at finding security vulnerabilities and Audit-related risks.
- Experienced in enterprise change tracking tools such as remedy, misssuport, ITSM
- Able to derive data from SQL server with Excel/PowerBI and create Pivot Tables/Dashboards.
- Excellent communicator with a knack of sharing knowledge and a love for technology.
- A well-rounded understanding of modern architecture and development practices (DEVOPS/LEAN/AGILE).
- Eager to work in an agile environment with basic knowledge of the agile process.
- Work allocation: 60% DBA 40% (System administration or SharePoint Administration).
- Strong experience with SharePoint Administration and Workflow.
- Exposure to DevOps, CI/CD.
- On-premise to cloud migration experience (Azure preferred).
- Experience with Azure Availability Groups and Geo-Replication or AWS equivalent.
- Idera and Redgate suite of tools for DB administration.
- Expert in scripting, python/PowerShell.
- Exposure to data analytics (KPI, Metrics, etc.).
- Exposure to scheduling platforms such as Active Batch or Tidal.
- Exposure to PowerBI gateway and setup of PowerBI on-prem/ cloud.
- Linux Administration is a huge plus.
- Exposure to BCP.
- Certifications in AWS/AZURE/MCSE/MCSA etc.
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits -
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top