Senior UX Product Designer - Innovation
- Boston, MA
Who we are:
Solaria Labs (https://www.solarialabs.com) is a global team that builds disruptive new products around emerging consumer trends like micro-mobility and the sharing economy. We\u2019ve already launched a few products and one company since we started \u2014 for examples, see https://www.getcertainly.com, https://www.trydwellbeing.com/, and https://www.totalhomescore.com.
Why you may enjoy working at Solaria Labs:
As a UX Designer in Solaria Labs, you will join the leadership team of a collaborative innovation lab that is helping to shape the future of a Fortune 100 company. UX Designers here are responsible for the end-to-end user research, design, and testing for one or more of our products.
As a successful candidate:
- You\u2019re comfortable working in a collaborative environment, but you\u2019re also able to own your work from start-to-finish, creating alignment with teams within the organization and bringing stakeholders \u201Con the journey.\u201D
- You are passionate about building and iterating on UX designs, thrive in a test and learn environment, and have a start-up mentality.
- You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down work as well as active participation in consumer research, ideation, and software development.
- You consistently create user-centered design solutions that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience.
About the job:
- User Experience: Leverage Agile, design-thinking, Lean UX, and industrial design methodologies to help re-imagine new human-centered user experiences, products and services through collaborative problem solving with a multidisciplinary team.
- User Research and Testing: Lead initial customer journey research and testing as needed, and/or expand upon existing insights by creating journey maps, customer personas, interaction and architecture flows, etc. Create additional user and usability testing as needed throughout product lifecycle to ensure that product design is solving problems in an enjoyable way.
- Design Thinking and Planning: Lead and facilitate design thinking workshops and act as a liaison between the business and development sides of the lab to ensure that all parties are speaking a common language to benefit the customer.
- Visual Design: Ensure that the look, feel, layout and interaction details of your products meet customer needs and deliver against business objectives. Develop and contribute to wireframes, journey maps, user personas, and interactive prototypes.
- Prototyping: Develop and iterate on concepts for web and mobile browser experiences in a fast-paced team environment. Rapidly refine designs, considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies. This includes creating rough conceptual sketches to convey ideas (you know when it doesn\u2019t have to be pixel perfect), and creating prototypes for concept testing and to validate hypotheses before solutions are built.
- Bachelor\u0027s degree or equivalent work experience, as well as a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in mobile-focused web and application design as evidenced by an up-to-date online portfolio.
- Expertise in methodologies including Agile, design thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Experience with rapid prototyping using tools such as InVision, Adobe XD, Figma and/or Sketch, experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to create alignment among senior management on ideas/projects/process.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate highly complex and technical content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively at all levels of the organization.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it\u2019s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We\u2019re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Back to top