Senior Underwriter Umbrella & Excess, Ironshore
Advance your Underwriting career at Liberty Mutual, Ironshore!
Under limited supervision, contributes to the growth and profitability of Umbrella and Excess through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of standard risks. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Demonstrates functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place.
Note: This position must work on site in the Los Angeles office.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions with assistance from the manager.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the brokerage community to facilitate marketing of LIU products and services.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business of by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information at the direction of the manager.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide comprehensive customer service.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; 3-5 years underwriting experience.
- Requires knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- At least 2 years' experience underwriting highly technical risks.
- The ability to effectively interact with brokers and internal departments.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision making skills are also required.
- Demonstrated strategic and marketing capabilities.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top