Senior Software Developer
At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our Investment professionals are critical to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
LMI Technology is actively searching for a Senior Software Developer within Investments Front Office and AnalyticsTechnology who will participate in a team as technical expert in analysis, design, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables.
Develops and enhances complex systems and/or software from general requirements and specifications. Analyzes complex technical system problems. Leads projects or subprojects and coordinates rollouts of moderate scope. May mentor new developers.
Performs the following activities:
- Develops effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Participates in unit test case development
- Develops complex test scripts
- Conducts impact analysis
- Develops component design
- Provides system/application architecture
- Contributes technical alternatives
- Develops production support documentation
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Works within project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product
- Executes all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Analyzes user stories for validity and feasibility
- Provides functional/system integration testing support
- Performs Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners and stakeholders
- Plans work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget
- Participates in the development of Build and Deployment guide and script
- Mentor new developers and junior developers
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, design and development tools, architectures and technical standards
- Thorough knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages and tools
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes; must be proactive, and demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements
- Thorough understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Experience developing Front Office (Research, Portfolio Management, and Trading) technology solutions
- Experience with Blackrock Aladdin and Bisam, ideal
- Deep experience with the Microsoft SQL Server technology stack (SSAS, SSIS)
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms including NoSQL, unstructured data solutions, ideal
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, modern Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Experience with business intelligence tools and reporting solutions (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Understanding of data modeling techniques; ability to lead and contribute to incremental and iterative modern data architecture
- Perform data research / profiling and applies results to solution design.
- Experience working in an Agile (scrum) development environment (Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design), familiarity with DevOps concepts
- Ability to adhere to guidelines and standards while innovating and contributing to evolution of those standards.
- Ability to balance support of legacy solutions with delivery of new business capabilities
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top