Senior Software Developer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The CSW and FLT team is responsible for the Customer Service Workbench (CSW), Front Line Tools (FLT) and other supporting applications. CSW and FLT are used extensively by all of Liberty Mutual representatives in sales and service. We make continuous improvements to the applications to really focus on our customers. We are currently looking at expanding our test automation as well as into modernizing the application to be able to effectively integrate with the cloud. It is an exciting time for the team.
In this role, you would:
- Works with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
- Analyzes technical system problems, and designs and implements effective solutions.
- Handles end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Lead feature technical implementation.
- Investigates components of new tools and technologies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Contributes to the development of project plans, and assigns and monitors tasks of lower level Software Developers as responsibilities and experience grows.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- 4+ years of Java development experience.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Docker, and AWS.
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers).
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.).
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top