Senior Process Owner - Underwriting Visioning
Launch your Underwriting career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
National Insurance is looking for a visionary leader who can help create and drive the vision for complex risk underwriting process of the future. This role will be responsible and accountable for new process development and continuous improvement throughout the National Insurance underwriting function. You will lead a small, high performing team to drive the design and implementation of NI's new quality-focused and consistent underwriting process. Working collaboratively with underwriting teams, Field Management and Product Leadership, you will develop, test & deploy innovative solutions for breakthrough UW sophistication. You will work closely with the Sr. Product Owners to build their backlogs, explore new technology (AI, Machine Learning & Robotic Process Automation) and methodologies to eliminate redundancies and ensure consistency, sophistication and effectiveness across segments.
- Articulate and translate the overall business vision into strategy and tactics for designing new UW processes.
- Ensure appropriate use of Agile development methodology to speed up overall progress of process transformation.
- Oversee a set of macro-processes and ensure process improvement teams are appropriately resourced, focused on critical priorities and aligned to roadmaps to achieve channel objectives.
- Develop and implement measurement systems to track effectiveness of newly designed business processes and present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Manage a team of Process Owners and align priorities, remove roadblocks and secure resources.
- Remain well-informed of external best practices with regards to process automation, cultural transformation and continuous improvement.
- This position has managerial responsibilities over a team of 3-4 Process Designers. Hires, develops, provides coaching to, and makes compensation recommendations. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans, and ensures alignment with project and department objectives.
- Displays sound business acumen and integrated thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and presentation skills. Expert influencing skills, with a strong ability to build consensus among multiple levels and functions within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- MBA preferred. Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in process improvement and/or process redesign or equivalent experience. 2-4 years working in a highly effective management role.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top