Senior Manager - Internal Consulting - Corporate Strategy & Research (Graduate)
This posting is for currently enrolled MBA's graduating prior to May 2019
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
About the Team
Corporate Strategy & Research (CS&R) group is a ~40-person internal strategy consulting team within Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 company with 45,000 employees in 900 offices worldwide.
Established in 1972, CS&R has an outstanding track-record of developing future leaders for Liberty Mutual such as business unit President, Chief Marketing Officer, Senior Vice-President of Product Imagination, Transformation Office Strategy Director.
As a Senior Manager, you will help the Managing Director lead a small project team to advise Liberty Mutual's senior executives in making strategic decisions. Projects are typically in the areas of innovation, strategy development, forward-looking thought leadership, or business transformation.
You will engage in ongoing training and you will partner with an experienced Manager Director who will support your development and serve as a mentor. Through your project work, you will develop key thought-partner relationships with leaders and executives across the organization.
Your responsibilities will include :
- Understanding strategic issues faced by the client and the role of your team in addressing those issues
- Drafting project proposals, designing work plans, and collecting data from various internal and external sources (e.g. executive interviews and workshops, customer surveys)
- Helping to develop the Associate Consultants and Senior Associate Consultants
- Crafting storylines that clearly articulate findings, insights, and recommendations
- Communicating with senior leadership to move the organization to action
- Building and owning relationships with key stakeholders
- Directing team and stakeholders towards consensus points & gaining buy-in
- Utilizing adept mentoring, coaching, and influencing skills to inspire others and resolve challenging relationship management situations, collaborating on approaches with manager
- Contributing to CS&R initiatives such as recruiting, talent development, thought leadership, or alumni engagement
The group is looking for intellectually curious, creative, and driven individuals with an interest in developing the management consulting toolkit.
Candidates should, at minimum, possess the following:
- MBA with a demonstrated record of success or equivalent business and analytical background
- 3+ years of work experience preferred, including pre-MBA experience
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to elevate thinking and apply judgment during analysis about how components fit together and with bigger picture
- Ability to leverage experience and analysis to gain support and influence others
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and coach junior team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects or priorities
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Insurance or financial services industry experience a plus
What really gets our attention:
- Top-tier strategy consulting experience
- You are motivated by high impact, high visibility work
- You can independently navigate and decipher an ambiguous environment
- You have demonstrated strong leadership abilities and care about professionally developing those around you
- All candidates must apply to the job posting on the Liberty Mutual Careers website, with their cover letter and resume.
To move forward in the recruiting process, you must complete the online application, as well as the Virtual Job Tryout (~45 minutes to complete). This Virtual Job Tryout allows you to test-drive key job tasks and get a better sense of our company environment. We also learn about you through the Virtual Job Tryout, for example your ability to problem-solve and general work style.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Master's Degree (±18 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top