Senior IT Auditor
- Boston, MA
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual \u2013 a Fortune 100 Company!
Summary: This position plays a significant role in assisting Senior Executives with risk management, achievement of strategic objectives and fulfilling the Company\u2019s promise to its policyholders. As a trusted advisor, the Sr. IT Auditor I builds and cultivates effective business relationships while providing independent value-added audit and advisory services.
The Senior IT Auditor I participates as a lead staff on project teams that conduct independent assessments of Liberty Mutual\u2019s information systems, IT infrastructure, and IT internal control environment through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, and innovative audit testing procedures and techniques.
Individuals in the Senior IT Auditor I role demonstrate the ability to independently apply the department\u2019s audit methodology. They participate on all phases of the audit from planning to reporting, including understanding the technologies under review, how IT enables business operations, scoping the audit, identifying risks and controls, designing and executing testing with minimal oversight and assistance with writing audit reports.
- Independently conducts thorough risk analysis, control identification and audit program development. Independently concludes on the effectiveness of controls and control gaps based on the results of testing. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, by clearly documenting the results of testing on more than one audit concurrently.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of routine IT systems and processes and continues development of technical and analytical skills to understand more complex technologies. Interprets the associated risks, develops testing approach, and proposes solutions.
- Furthers technical knowledge and demonstrates a strong understanding of the department\u2019s audit methodology, insurance industry concepts, Cyber Security, IT General Controls and Software Development Practices. Effectively demonstrates these capabilities when completing assigned work.
- Effectively communicates audit issues and related recommendations in both technical and non-technical terms to Operational and IT management. Makes sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Contributes to continuous improvement (CI) efforts. Begins leading root cause problem solving efforts and participates in department-wide CI efforts.
- Demonstrates increased technical understanding of data analysis concepts and practices. Effectively uses the department\u2019s data analysis software to facilitate audit scoping and testing. Shares knowledge and experience with less experienced team members.
- Takes an active role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members.
- Aware of changes in IT audit practices, regulatory requirements, and IT Risk frameworks to understand their impact to Auditing and Liberty. (e.g. NIST Cyber, CSC, COBIT, ISO2700x)
- Requires in-depth IT Audit skills as typically acquired though a Bachelor\u0027s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a comparative field.
- Two or more years of IT Audit or information technology experience with a focus on security, risk management, or system development.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, effectively execute large portions of an audit independently, analyze and solve complex problems, conduct research, and express ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of business ethics.
- CISA Certification is preferred. CISSP or other technical / IT security certifications are a plus. Excellent written.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it\u2019s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We\u2019re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Back to top