Senior Full Stack Software Developer
In Corporate Functions - Global Talent Technology, our users are the employees of Liberty Mutual and we strive to deliver best-in-class software products that simplify their daily jobs. Our passion for placing the user at the center of everything we do is driving our incremental approach to software feature development and delivery. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and delivery solutions.
About the job:
As a Full Stack Web Developer you will work with your product team to develop user-centric software products from idea to production. You would also support multiple Commercial Off The Shelf products including integration of these products with custom developed software.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are continuing a maturity to Agile Lean Startup teams and we need a full stack developer to join them.
Desired development skills:
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) as well as a pair-programming mindset.
- Demonstrates active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, Cucumber, etc).
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these drive hypotheses-based development.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership.
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Generally 5+ years of professional development experience
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of a business function(s) and of business operations. Extensive knowledge of design and development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
- Extensive knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; extensive understanding of shared software concepts.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top