Senior Full Stack Software Developer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
In Enterprise Technology Services - Talent & Enterprise Services, our users are the employees of Liberty Mutual and we strive to deliver best-in-class software products that simplify their daily jobs. This team supports a mixture of Liberty-developed and vendor-configurable applications including internal and external integrations and enhanced UX built by our team. Our passion for placing the user at the center of everything we do is driving our incremental approach to software feature development and delivery.
About the job:
As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are continuing a maturity to Agile Lean Startup teams and we need an experienced full stack developer to change and grow with us!
Desired development skills:
- Generally 5+ years of professional experience
- Java, HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with server side frameworks (preferably NodeJS) and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB).
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) as well as a pair-programming mindset.
- Demonstrates active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, Cucumber, etc).
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these drive hypotheses-based development.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership.
Highly competitive candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Generally 5+ years of professional development experience
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of a business function(s) and of business operations. Extensive knowledge of design and development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
- Extensive knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; extensive understanding of shared software concepts.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top