Senior Full Stack Software Developer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
When you hear Liberty Mutual, think insurance. When you hear Liberty Mutual Benefits , think technology . The Global Individual team at Liberty Mutual Benefits operates a lot like a start-up:
- We have an agile workspace at WeWork to foster a relaxed, innovative and collaborative culture.
- We believe in empowered engineers who are given the freedom and responsibility to build great software.
- We embrace a DevOps approach to our highly-scalable, highly-automated solutions - we build it, we own it.
- We strongly believe in exploring new technologies, such as NLP (Alexa, Siri, Cortana), Machine Learning (bots), new cloud services (serverless/AWS lambda), etc.
- We value the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Expertise with a modern programming language (preferably Java)
- Deep understanding of how to design and build scalable, cloud-based software solutions
- Thorough knowledge of software development best-practices and concepts (TDD, BDD, etc.)
- Experience with ecommerce products and analytics a plus
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (Bamboo/Jenkins/GoCD, Git/Github/BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS/Dynamo, etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
If you share these values, the Global Individual team has an immediate need for a Senior Software Developer to help build a green-field application for individualized benefits insurance.
This role might be for you if you have:
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Experience with front-end technologies (React, AngularJS, etc.)
- Familiarity of modern security development principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of quality best-practices (various types of tests, performance, etc.)
- Experience building cloud-based microservices
- Experience with Spring, Docker, New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Voice (Alexa Voice Service, Siri, Cortana, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top