Senior Director, Trusted Artificial Intelligence - Office of Data Science
- Boston, MA
Help shape the future of Data Science across Liberty!
Help an advanced Fortune 100 Data Science and Machine Learning program responsibly use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data science.
As the Senior Director, Trusted AI in the Office of Data Science (ODS) you will work with a team of data science (DS) and machine learning (ML) experts to solve Liberty\u2019s most challenging data science problems focusing on development of privacy-preserving applications, addressing/removing bias from training data, and guiding the use of explainable ML across the enterprise.
The ODS was created to provide additional centralized support and expertise to DS teams across the global organization. Our projects focus on key areas of interest to multiple teams, bleeding edge research and experimentation, common tool development, and establishing best practices to ensure the scientific community at Liberty is well-positioned to rapidly meet the challenges of modern industry.
As a centralized group, our project scope is vast. Possible projects include:
Foster innovation and development of privacy-preserving ML applications to better protect customer data
Drive usage and development of explainable ML applications across the enterprise
Participate in theoretical research in collaboration with a leading academic institution to shape the future of ethical AI.
Lead development and integration of model controls that reduce risk of abnormal model behavior.
Lead cross-functional R&D teams, including ODS, academic researchers, Corporate, and business-unit data scientists/analysts, doing hands on ML research in areas of:
- Privacy preserving data science
- Reducing social bias from training data and models
- Developing robust and reliable ML
- Developing explainable ML applications with algorithmic accountability
- Lead a Privacy Preserving ML collaboration with a leading academic institution and the Liberty Privacy Office
- Support development ofDS/ML infrastructure that supports Trusted AI including integrating model controls that reduce risk of abnormal model behavior
- Collaborate with Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Actuarial, and Global Compliance and Ethics on efforts to reduce the risk of data science and machine learning
- Educate data scientists on model development and deployment best practices
- Educate executives and business users on Trusted AI and the proper use of AI
- Keep up to date on current literature, attend conferences, and run seminars to keep Liberty at the cutting edge of the field
- Work with business units across Liberty to educate executives and business users on ethical considerations around AI, including proper usage of AI, algorithmic bias, and risk management.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects related to the ethical application of data science
- Proven ability to lead and drive high profile cross-functional projects and assignments to completion through others
- A broad understanding of privacy-related technologies and frameworks such as differential privacy required
- Experience building stakeholder trust and confidence in deployed models, especially via application of techniques in the fields of algorithmic bias, interpretable machine learning, and/or robust machine learning
- Expert knowledge of machine learning (deep learning, tree ensembles, reinforcement learning, SVMs, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of data science and machine learning current best practices
- Experience modeling unstructured data including computer vision and/or natural language processing a definite plus
- Competencies typically acquired through an advanced degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or other relevant field of study) and 8 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor\u2019s degree (scientific field of study) and 10 years of relevant experience.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it\u2019s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We\u2019re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Back to top