Senior Cloud Software/Systems Engineer
Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Technology is actively searching for a Sr Software/Systems Engineer. GRS Technology provides support and operations for all global specialty lines including North American Specialty, National Insurance, Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM), and Liberty Mutual Surety (LMS) across 19 countries, through one unified Technology team.
Join us in developing and delivering solutions that will provide exceptional client experiences. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
Under limited supervision, formulates and defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large networks, computer accounting, and advanced software packages.
About the role:
- Performs the following low to medium complexity activities:
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
- Responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating systems, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large networks, computer accounting, and advanced software packages.
- Competent to work on the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Contributes to the development of project plans; assigns and monitors tasks.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Completes other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 5 years of experience in IT or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires strong communication and negotiation skills and extensive knowledge of business operations.
- Delivery experience with AWS and/or Azure; containerization technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Docker
- CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Portsmouth
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top