Senior Business Analyst - Reserving, Global Risk Solutions
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Global Risk Solutions Actuarial, Home Office reserving is seeking a Business Analyst on the Home Office Reserving team. GRS Actuarial HO Reserving is responsible for maintaining balance sheet integrity by ensuring reserves are adequate. The team conducts regular reserve reviews; ensures adequate tools and methodologies are in place; provides internal/external audits support as well as reporting support under multiple regularly bases; and keeps management informed. In this role, you will be maintaining and improving existing processes, as well as developing new processes, tools and reports for business needs. While this position will not support actuarial exams, knowledge of actuarial principles is a huge plus. This would be an excellent role for someone who wished to discontinue taking actuarial exams.
- Leverages VBA, MS Access, SQL, and other technical skills to maintain and enhance reserving tools and projects.
- Supports reserving process by developing standardized procedures, templates and projects for use across operating units, to the extent possible.
- Partners with professionals or other internal clients or stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and the challenges of the business.
- Leads the development of detail specifications or enhancements for reserving tools that address business priorities.
- Collaborates with the appropriate data providers to set up reserving projects for multiple operating units.
- Meets regularly with supervisor to review work, discuss project status, concerns, and seek guidance
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with 3-5 years related experience.
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Extensive experience in VBA, SQL and MS Access.
- Experience using ResQ is a plus.
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and work as part of a team
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top