Senior BI / Business Intelligence Software Developer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Software Developer with Business Intelligence skills to participate within an Agile team in supporting our Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Underwriting and Claims teams. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative work that impact customers and agents. You will be responsible for work in all stages of the development lifecycle, from reviewing business requirements, to design, to construction and test, to deployment. The industry changes quickly, so we are looking for candidates who can respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to changing requirements. We are seeking candidates who take pride in their work and have strong design and development expertise. We value quality code delivery and expect candidates to demonstrate competence at writing, testing and debugging code.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions within Microsoft BI stack and other best-of-breed BI tools (Power BI).
- Lead or contribute to evaluation of BI platforms, development of BI strategies in Technology and Business Units
- Perform data research / profiling and applies results to solution design.
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Participate in unit test case development
- Generally 5-10 years of professional development experience in Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse
- Prior work experience in the Insurance industry (Claims, Underwriting, Actuarial) domain is a plus
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated desire to understand business workflows and promote data driven decision making within the business teams a plus
- Experience with other Analytics tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau and Databases including SQL Server, Oracle, is a plus
- MS BI skills including SSRS
- ETL development with SSIS
- In-depth understanding of data environment and leverages knowledge to build robust, scalable solutions including Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Marts and SSAS cubes
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Foundational knowledge or proficient in new and emerging technologies such as AWS and Cloud, DevOps, CI/CD and MicroServices.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills.
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
Highly competitive candidates will have:
- Agile team experience
- SharePoint knowledge helpful
- Experience with Testing frameworks
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Build Pipeline
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Generally 5+ years of professional development experience
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of a business function(s) and of business operations. Extensive knowledge of design and development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
- Extensive knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; extensive understanding of shared software concepts.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top