Senior Associate Consultant, Corporate Strategy & Research
About the Team
Corporate Strategy & Research (CS&R) group is a ~40-person internal strategy consulting team within Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 company with 45,000 employees in 900 offices worldwide.
Established in 1972, CS&R has an outstanding track-record of developing future leaders for Liberty Mutual such as business unit President, Chief Marketing Officer, Senior Vice-President of Product Imagination, Transformation Office Strategy Director.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
As an Senior Associate Consultant, you will work with a small project team to advise Liberty Mutual's senior executives in making strategic decisions. Projects are typically in the areas of innovation, strategy development, forward-looking thought leadership, or business transformation.
You will engage in a targeted training program and you will partner with an experienced Manager Director who will support your development, provide feedback and perspective, and serve as a mentor. Through your project work, you will develop key thought-partner relationships with leaders and executives across the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the strategic issues faced by your client and the role of your team in addressing those issues
- Designing workplans, conducting targeted research, collecting data from various internal and external sources (e.g. executive interviews and workshops, customer surveys)
- Performing high-impact analysis and evaluating alternative solutions
- Crafting storylines that clearly articulate findings, insights and recommendations
- Communicating with senior leadership to move the organization to action
- Contributing to CS&R initiatives such as recruiting, talent development, thought leadership or alumni engagement
The group is looking for intellectually curious, creative, and driven individuals with an interest in developing the management consulting toolkit.
- Bachelor's degree with a demonstrated record of academic success
- 1 - 3 years professional experience preferred. Top-tier strategy consulting experience preferred
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written communication, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence others using supporting analysis
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and client needs
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to travel, up to 10% (including international, as needed)
What really gets our attention :
- You are motivated by high impact, high visibility work
- You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment
- You have interest in financial services and insurance and demonstrate strong leadership potential
- All candidates must apply to the job posting on the Liberty Mutual Careers website, with their cover letter and resume.
- To move forward in the recruiting process, you must complete the online application as well as the Virtual Job Tryout (~45 minutes to complete). This Virtual Job Tryout allows you to test-drive key job tasks and get a better sense of our company environment. We also learn about you through the Virtual Job Tryout, for example your ability to problem-solve and general work style.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top