Senior Analyst, Trade Operations, Liberty Mutual Investments
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
At Liberty Mutual, our work is based on respect, integrity and doing the right thing. We attract, develop and engage the kind of people who exemplify these principles. In the insurance industry, foresight is everything. That's why we've spent the last 100 plus years looking to the future-anticipating its challenges, recognizing its opportunities, and driving innovation accordingly. The result is a steadfast spirit of forward thinking and continuous improvement that inspires our team members in every area and at every level of our organization to be and do their best .
Liberty Mutual Investments ("LMI") is seeking a Senior Analyst, Trade Operations to join its Cash Operations group. Key focus areas of this role include: technical support of investment cash operations; control of all records of cash as it relates to investment activity, cash reconciliations, and input of wire transfer instructions; building influential and collaborative partnerships with third-party service providers and internal clients; producing metric and other analytical reports; and responding to internal client ad hoc requests or inquiries on a timely basis.
This individual contributor role reports directly to the Director, Investment Cash Operations and is expected to provide expert cash management and cash forecasting support, which includes: timely cash reconciliation, accurate cash availability on domestic and foreign portfolios and liaison with multiple internal groups to support Front-office and other general continuous improvement initiatives.
This role is a key business partner with internal groups including Portfolio Management and Trading (Global Private Investments and Public Markets Investments), Global Portfolio Strategy, other Global Operations teams, Investment Accounting, Investment Treasury and Corporate Treasury. Must have experience with trade order management system (i.e. Blackrock's Aladdin) and helpful to have experience with investment accounting system and Bloomberg terminal. Must have experience with reconciliation (i.e. internal vs. custodial positions), cash forecasting/daily cash availability reporting and wire processing.
- Consolidate cash flow information to validate daily cash positions for all accounts prior to publishing cash availability in the trade order management system
- Responsible for all daily cash processing (including wire transfers) and balancing numerous custodial deposit accounts, including all contact with banks, brokers and counterparties to resolve disputes within industry standard timeframes
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting to internal or external clients including investment management and internal and external audit
- Responsible for opening, closing and maintaining multiple bank accounts and multiple custodial relationships
- Liaison with the Trade Operations team and execute FX transactions
- Collaborate or identify continuous improvement opportunities within Investment Enabling Services
- Provide functional knowledge and training to less experienced Analysts
- Adhere to Corporate and Global Operation policies and practices, in addition to established processing controls and procedures
- Produce timely and accurate metric and other analytical reporting for Trust Operations, Corporate Treasury, and internal clients including Portfolio Management, Trading, Oversight Committees, and Internal and External Auditors
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years' work experience in investment cash operations, with exposure to duties such as cash reconciliation, cash forecasting, wire setup and execution, and metric reporting
- Requires experience with trade order management systems (i.e. Aladdin or Bloomberg AIM), Bloomberg Terminal
- Highly preferred experience-exposure to operational support for derivatives (CDX, CDS, and IRS) and Foreign Exchange (FX Forwards/FX Swaps/NDF and/or Bank Loans and Commercial Mortgage Loans
- Good organizational, planning, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel and Word)
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top