Scrum Master I / Scrum Master II
Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
If you want to be part of a talented team that is seeking to push the limits of innovative technologies and have a passion for being a leader, we want you to join our team! USCM IT Document Solutions is looking for a Scrum Master who will help the squad deliver business and technical features through innovative solutions. The opportunity will provide you exposure to business and technical partners throughout GRM US, while exposing you to emerging technologies in support of our cloud solution.
As the Scrum Master you will coach team members and proactively eliminate barriers and addresses challenges to the team to meet sprint goals. You will work closely with the Product Owner to support release planning, foster team decision making and encourage cross-training and team support.
This is a range posting grade 16/17. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
In this role you will:
- Lead more than one scrum team in moderate to high complexity work streams. Oversee scrum process and coach the teams on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology.
- Facilitate transparency, inspection, and adaption.
- Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement. Manage interdependencies between agile teams.
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Mentor junior Scrum Masters and coach team members on agile practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 4 years related experience as a project team member and a minimum of 4 years' experience in Agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Scrum Certification
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Back to top