Sales Internship Program - Springfield, MA
Set your sales career up for success by starting your journey at Liberty.
As you envision your career path ahead, think about a role that will set you in all the right directions. Think about immersing yourself in a dynamic environment that sharpens your knowledge, hones your skills, and lets you view opportunity through the lens of a Fortune 100 company-Liberty Mutual.
Join our team as a Sales Intern, and you'll develop the specialized skills you need to pursue a sales career at our industry-leading company. Under the guidance of our team, you'll build prospecting and product knowledge that you can use to forge and develop client relationships within local communities. You'll see how our Auto, Home and life insurance products connect with the needs of customers and make your job not just rewarding, but fulfilling.
As a Sales Intern, you'll:
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of insurance products, systems, business operations, and sales strategy.
- Assist Sales Representatives in daily and weekly activities, including creation of prospecting plans, developing Affinity client relationships, and retaining existing accounts.
- Create marketing and prospecting techniques in partnership with the Branch Manager and Sales Representatives to meet established targets for new business policies and premium.
- Spend time in the field observing and assisting with sales events and contacting leads generated by events.
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) system to support Sales Representatives with marketing campaigns and communications.
- Implement social media strategy and presence for Sales Representatives.
- Undergraduate students working towards a Bachelor's degree in their junior or senior year of study. Sales majors preferred.
- Competitive cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply.
- Results oriented with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers.
- Possess excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills. Experience in sales or client service environment (preferred).
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Springfield
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Omari J.Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top