Reinsurance Assumed Underwriting Consultant, Equipment Breakdown, National Insurance
Advance your Underwriting career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual National Insurance Property is seeking an Underwriting Consultant - Equipment Breakdown with primary focus in Business Development.
Liberty Mutual Equipment Breakdown is expanding at a rapid pace and this Underwriting Consultant will play a key role in our Business Development. Working with brokers and reinsurance assumed clients, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities to ensure that both the client and Liberty Mutual grow. Your strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills will be brought into play in interacting with individuals at every level of a client organization. The ability to coordinate comprehensive project plans, support teams to accomplish the necessary tasks and provide strong leadership will be key to your success.
If you want to work in an exciting, collaborative environment with people who are enthusiastic about what they do, this is the place for you. Our department works together as a unified team to consistently exceed their goals, and each employee knows that they have contributed to the success of Liberty Mutual Equipment Breakdown. Become a part of our team and help us grow!
- Support existing brokers and/or clients and create profitable growth by developing and executing business development plans, including increased penetration and/or enhancement of existing products and the identification of future growth opportunities,.
- Expand Reinsurance Assumed by researching opportunities, identifying target clients, and forming relationships with potential future Reinsurance Assumed clients,
- Given the client/broker request, the hazard, coverage, and loss analyses, and the competitive situation, recommends program structures (coverage, limits/retention, rating plan/pricing, etc.) achieving desired Business Unit goals, including long term profitability.
- Participate in the negotiation of reinsurance treaties including coordination of rate and product development.
- Cultivates effective business relationship with clients/accounts, providing regular stewardship including initial setup of service commitments and ongoing consultation. Completes all required steps on client setup, documentation, and account management.
- Partners with service providers to build long-term relationships between clients/brokers and Liberty and manages expectations of all parties.
- Engage with new clients by coordinating and monitoring project plans to on-board new clients, including the coordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Meet regularly with Client company stakeholders including senior executives, underwriting, reinsurance, engineering and claims managers to ensure that they are informed about current status and procedures.
- Acts as mentor for one or more less experienced underwriters. Serves as a resource for other underwriters in the division by answering questions or and providing direction on high exposure risks and/or business development.
Expert knowledge of commercial property & casualty products; insurance operations; finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; reinsurance; account management; underwriting; and producer management.
Professional skills required include analyzing and problem solving; adaptability; decision making, building relationships; courage; innovation, working effectively with others; communicating effectively; negotiation; influencing others; applying financial acumen; focusing on service; executing well; planning and organizing work; and achieving results; as normally acquired through an advanced degree or equivalent training, CPCU designation (or equivalent), 10 or more years of relevant experience.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Back to top