Property Claims Adjuster - Business Lines - San Francisco/San Jose, CA
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Senior Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
This position is located in San Francisco or San Jose, CA
- Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss losses. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust complex business interruption losses.
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants as required to assist in determining facts, causation, damages and exposure; monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflects the adjustment activities and substantiates any payments made.
- May participate in quality assurance file review sessions and serve as a technical resource for less experienced claims personnel.
- Provide guidance to inexperienced team members and may act as a mentor to other entry level adjusters.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment, evaluation and reserves; financial analyses; insurance regulations; negotiation and settlement of moderate to high complexity claims.
- Focus on customers; decision making; results oriented; spoken communication; and adaptability; an ability to build relationships, listen (i.e., comprehend nuances and acknowledge others' viewpoints).
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced team members, write business correspondence, produce accurate work, manage projects and vendors; and use core applications/spreadsheets; as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Prefer designations such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc., and at least 2-3 year of progressively responsible experience. Ability and willingness to travel to the site of catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Back to top