Project Manager, Liberty Mutual Investments
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments, the investment advisor for Liberty Mutual Group, has a current need for a Project Manager/Senior Analyst within the Investment Project and Strategy Team. To be successful in this position you will need to manage projects effectively, perform data and business analysis, ensure work has appropriate business value & measures of success. The ability to lead cross-functional project team meetings, effectively communicate results and able to conduct work under limited direction from manager on more complex tasks.
- Leads work streams within larger-sized project and/or leads smaller to moderately complex projects.
- Owns or contributes to defining the business case with input from stakeholders. Identifies and gains agreement on project objectives, scope, timing, and resources.
- Plans activities/tasks that will deliver the desired results and oversees day-to-day work and monitoring of progress towards goals.
- Conducts project meetings and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of projects to stakeholders within and beyond the project team.
- Escalates and works to resolve issues that serve as roadblocks and/or place project objectives at risk. Identifies and provides visibility into trade-offs between options, while identifying recommended approach.
- In addition to project management, may also perform some of the work defined in the project roles and responsibilities.
- Performs project close-out steps to include identifying lessons learned/best practices to inform the success of future projects. Applies continuous improvement methodologies throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Ensures each project has a measure of success. Identifies, monitors, and reports out on measure of success throughout the project lifecycle.
- The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Investment business operations knowledge strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of project management principles and concepts.
- Proven ability to manage the project management life cycle.
- Proficient with project management tools. Project management certification preferred.
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills; effective team building skills.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal investment teams and external groups.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including Business Analysis and Project Management .
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize incoming requests.
- Work independently to achieve desired results.
- Investments knowledge is preferred
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top