Principal Software Developer - ECM Solutions
The Principal Software Developer -ECM:
The CCM / ECM team are responsible for the delivery of the solutions that create, produce and store the documents and content used to run our businesses, such as Quotes, Policies, Claim Notifications, and Claims forms, as well as many of our intranet and SharePoint sites. These are provided as shared services using our global strategic technologies like Alfresco or Activedocs. The team works closely with our businesses to identify new requirements and to deliver integrated functionality to improve efficiency and enable growth via new products and partnerships. Available locations: Indianapolis, IN and Dover, NH.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Principal Software Developer will be focused on the core design, development and testing activities related to migration of content and data from source to target systems to allow for the proper placement, access and retrieval across global users. The scope of responsibility will include development of turnkey solutions as well as configuration and scripting based on off the shelf tools.
Necessary skills to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred with generally 8+ years of professional experience.
- Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of content management and lifecycle systems (e.g. Alfresco) and diverse set of architectures including cloud based solutions (primarily AWS but also Azure).
- Knowledge in web service development, design and specifications writing, Dev Ops, CI/CD.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies such as AWS and Cloud, DevOps, CI/CD and MicroServices.
- Experience in the Insurance and/or Claims industry is desirable.
- Experience with BI Analytics, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Agile methodologies is also nice to have.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives. Strong in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Knowledge of security architectures including authentication and concepts such as federated directories.
- Develops maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Conducts unit test case development and develops complex test scripts
- Develops component design and system/application architecture
- Supports the production support transition and implementation phases; responsible for overall success of the project.
- Works within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Supports interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develops and leads the production of support documentation.
- Leads functional/system integration testing support.
- Leads quality assurance architecture and design guide review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Plans work out appropriately, effectively communicates and responds to escalations/inquiries.
- Develops Build and Deployment guide.
- Identify and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Dover
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top