Principal Performance Engineer
Principal Performance Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
Liberty Mutual Commercial Insurance IT is actively searching for a Principle Software / Systems Engineer to improve the user experience for our Agents and Underwriters by focusing on application performance initiatives for our small commercial policy administration application called eCLIQ. This is an exciting opportunity to dig into new cloud-based solutions to improve application performance.
In this role you will be exposed to all aspects of the technology stack and infrastructure that have an impact on system performance. You will have an opportunity to improve performance testing results by influencing application design and architecture. You will also support our performance testing team by analyzing test results and making recommendations for additional testing and/or improvements to existing tests to ensure future application changes do not negatively impact our Service Level Agreements and user experience.
You will get to work with a variety of monitoring tools to understand existing performance bottlenecks and to predict future constraints in our production and non-production environments. You will partner closely with software developers, architects, and system engineers to recommend and correct deficiencies which will improve application stability and performance. In this role you will have numerous opportunities to implement code improvements to optimize application performance.
- Work with development and support teams to actively monitor production SLA's and make recommendations to stabilize or improve performance.
- Triage production incidents with the support team to aid in problem diagnosis and root cause for service restoration.
- Work with development teams to prevent performance degradation by monitoring performance changes resulting from application changes.
- Work with performance and specialty testing team to review performance testing results and make recommendations to improve test outcomes.
- Make recommendations to improve architecture, infrastructure, and software designs based on current and predicted system performance trends to ensure eCLIQ meets SLA targets.
- Responsibility for instructing, informing, and inspecting the work of other software development personnel.
- Formulate and define specifications for complex software applications and making modifications to existing complex applications.
This role may be for you if you have experience with:
- IDE Environments & Development Tools: Eclipse, SVN, Git, Jira, Maven, Bamboo
- Servers/App Servers: WebSphere, Spring Boot
- Monitoring Applications: Introscope, Splunk, New Relic, DataDog
- Databases: MySQL, Mongo DB, DB2
- Agile Methodologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 8 years of experience in IT or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
We take care of our employees...
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top