Predictive Modeler, Product Design & Modelling - GRM Product Management
Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The Product Design and Modeling Department of Global Retail Markets has an opening for a Predictive Modeler on the Demand Modeling Team.
The Demand Modeling Team builds complex demand models (customer retention, conversion, price elasticity, lifetime value, and cost-benefit analyses) for all GRM lines of business. Team members contribute to model development and application, developing a framework for incorporating demand models into business decisions, and answering strategic questions related to customer demand and lifetime value. The Demand Modeling Team has a growing role in international pricing projects, including support for Price Optimization initiatives in Brazil, Chile, and Thailand.
- Build complex retention, conversion, and price elasticity models across Auto, Property and Specialty products, as well as adjacent products
- Generate data-driven answers to open-ended strategic questions related to customer demand (e.g., price presentation, endorsement pricing, capping strategy)
- Model cost-benefit analyses (CBAs) related to the impact of new initiatives (e.g. telematics, OEM proposals) on customer demand.
- Create customer-centric lifetime value models.
- Develop methodology for accurately projecting financial impacts of pricing actions
- Use competitor price data to improve price elasticity models and projection tools.
- Share research with other departments to improve demand-related decision making throughout the organization.
- Develop demand models for international operations.
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of an FCAS or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressively more responsible experience.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of predictive modeling. Expert skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS, Emblem) highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Statistical, Information Technology, Legal, and Sales departments.
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (lines, systems, pricing plans)
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Aptitude for giving effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Can take ownership of projects and deliver high quality work through others
- Ability to mentor others in Demand Modeling.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Meet Some of Liberty Mutual's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
Omari heads employee recognition and experience efforts for Liberty Mutual’s U.S. consumer business, celebrating career achievements and driving engagement in the employee journey. He also advises leadership on new initiatives to bring the customer front and center for every employee.
Back to top