Outside Territory Manager - Central PA
Advance your Sales Management career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Safeco Insurance is part of the Personal Insurance business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance. Safeco is committed to providing a range of superior property and casualty products to customers across the United States through a network of independent agents. Safeco is proud to support the communities that we live and work in and values a diverse work force. You'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to 'helping people live safer, more secure lives' every day.
As a Territory Manager, you will drive profitable premium growth within your assigned territory by selecting, engaging and managing independent agents to successfully sell and support Safeco's Personal Lines products and services. This role is at the forefront of building premium growth through relationships with our underwriters and agents to ensure we build market-share successfully.
- Develop and manage a business plan and a quote pipeline to drive profitable premium volume and meet annual overall territory goals.
- Accountable for achieving territory financial results including new business, total written premium, retention and profitability.
- Develop agency relationships that foster long-term partnerships; understand and effectively leverage agent business opportunities, needs and performance objectives. Evaluate agency performance and initiate actions to capitalize on production.
- Appoint qualified agencies that demonstrate a need for our products and services and are committed to achieving the objectives negotiated in the annual plan.
- Accountable for all aspects of agency management including: training, annual planning, agency reviews, communications, new business assessment and managing accounts. Implement marketing programs to increase productivity and improve bottom line results.
- Develop internal working relationships with inside sales, licensing & contracting, product management, finance, underwriting & claims and service operations. Provide key reports and other supports as needed to internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the marketplace, pricing and service offerings as well as industry and demographic trends; monitor key competitors within territory and report any changes that may impact the company's position in the territory and develop mitigation plans where appropriate.
- Utilize agency management systems to develop agency plans. Manage assigned territory to generate expected results while ensuring agents receive appropriate levels of service given segmentation.
- Master working knowledge of all company operations such as underwriting guidelines, procedures, and tools, policy and coverage provisions, service standards and claims processes, payment processing procedures, sales/customer relationship management applications and commission statements.
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent industry experience and three+ years of insurance experience within a carrier or agency
- In-depth knowledge of company services, products, marketing techniques/principles and insurance industry trends
- Proven track record of revenue growth and sales success in a prior role
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the business including production management, underwriting, claims, and a good understanding of agency business operations
- Proven success in developing and building partnerships, decision-making and problem solving
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation, effective influencing and negotiation skills
- High degree of customer focus, interpersonal relationship skills and problem-solving
- Strong analytical and computer skills including proficiency with tablets
- Ability to travel daily with occasional overnight travel.
- Appropriate driving record required to operate a company vehicle.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Camp Hill
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Back to top