Manager - Software Innovation Engineering
Advance your Career at Solaria Labs, a Liberty Mutual Endeavor
Manager - Software Innovation Engineering - Solaria Labs
Who we are:
Solaria Labs was created by Liberty Mutual Insurance with one simple mandate: to bring disruptive innovations that make a better, safer future. We pursue this mandate by building and testing experimental new products based on customer-centric research around emerging trends.
Why you may enjoy working at Solaria:
Engineers in Solaria Labs build disruptive new products as part of an agile product development team. Our engineers are involved in product development from concept to launch, building consumer facing web or mobile apps that implement advanced data science algorithms. As a successful candidate:
- You want to mentor and manage software engineers through their career progression, but continue as a technical leader of a project or a technical contributor, including hands-on coding.
- You want to help ensure the highest standard of technical excellence for all efforts in the lab: vetting new technologies, guiding the team's choice of architectures and frameworks, and recruiting quality talent.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in an R&D environment, and have a start-up mentality.
- You may also enjoy building custom algorithms, digging into data for insights, building engaging interfaces and always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups.
You're good at and offer:
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages to solve a variety of problems from web applications to low-level algorithm development. Specific skills needed depends on role, but we use the MERN stack for some products and various Python frameworks for others.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree with at least eight years of experience in building and iterating on software prototypes under tight deadlines. At least 3 years in a technical leadership role preferred.
Other great things to know about Solaria Labs:
We've already launched a few products and one company since we started - for examples, see www.totalhomescore.com , powered developers.solarialabs.com/ , and www.trydwellbeing.com . We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are growing fast, building a team of innovators who are passionate about technology, entrepreneurial, willing to experiment with the latest open source technologies, and excited about building new products from scratch. Check out www.solarialabs.com for more details!!
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Back to top